Wastequip, a Charlotte, North Carolina-based maker of waste and recycling equipment, says its new 265IP Precision Series compactor is “ideal for walk-up or ground-fed applications” in retail and institutional settings. The company says the 265IP is particularly suited for wet waste such as materials generated in restaurants and kitchens.
“We’re confident that we’re bringing the world’s best compactors to market and this new model is a workhorse,” says Kirk Warren, product manager for Wastequip’s technical products division. “After digging through exhaustive research and competitive benchmarking, we invested in designing the Precision Series line to center around application-specific compactors. This new model is perfect for ground-fed operations.”
Wastequip also says the 265IP “will stand up to the toughest job, with less maintenance and downtime [and] is ideal for supermarkets, shopping malls, hospitals, restaurants, office buildings and retail establishments.
Among the features of the 265IP compactor touted by Wastequip are:
- an ultra-high molecular weight (UHMW) precision-guided ram that is suspended above the chamber floor to provide minimal spring-back, near-frictionless gliding, smoother operation and reduced wear;
- a large, removable access panel that offers up to 33 percent reductions in maintenance time, according to the company;
- a heavy-duty rear door with full door seal that has an adjustable sliding hinge designed to draw the door in evenly, containing both odors and liquids;
- controls are designed to be simple and user-friendly, including a push-button start; and
- the model is backed by a five-year structural warranty.
Wastequip’s range of waste and recycling equipment and systems is used to collect, process and transport recyclables, solid waste, liquid waste and organics. The company’s brands include Wastequip, Toter, Galbreath, Pioneer, Accurate, Cusco, Mountain Tarp and Parts Place.